Quality construction is what makes these homes "Green"!. Everything in these intelligently designed homes represents the thoughtful synergy of elements to provide high-performance comfort and safety.
The features available to buyers are listed below:
- These homes qualify for Energy Star rating*.
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Passive solar design complements geothermal system. Home is oriented for optimal daylighting with south exposure
- 2nd floor laundry facilities
- Bosch tankless water heaters designed to minimize fossil fuel usage
- Richly appointed baths and kitchen with granite countertops and high quality fixtures
- Homes are designed and built incorporating Feng Shui principles and elements
- Low VOC paints, sealants, and finishes throughout*
- 100% wool carpeting is highly durable, flame-resistant, odorless and recyclable*
- Elegant sustainable wood flooring *
- Energy Star compliant appliances
- Grade-level entrances
- Private front and rear terraces
- Formaldehyde-free custom cabinetry contributes to healthy indoor air quality*
- Walking distance to CTA Red Line and to neighborhood shopping, parks, and other amenities
- #3 King Drive bus stops right outside your door
- Homes are in the heart of Chatham, one of the city's oldest and most beautiful communities
- Rain gardens and indigenous plantings. Landscaping design conserves water in private yards
- 9 foot ceilings throughout give rooms airy spaciousness (without sacrificing a cozy feel)
- Blown-in cellulose insulation made of recycled newspaper provides superior conservation of resources and reduces temperature fluctuations
- Pre-wired for today's communications technologies
- Private 2.5 car brick garage
- High-reflectivity cool raised-seam roof aids in reducing "heat island" effect
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Skylights and clerestory windows let in the sun to provide diffused natural lighting
- ADA-compliant entrances on first floor
- Homes qualify for Chicago Green Certification *
- Homes qualify for "Green mortgages", offered by participating banks, and are eligible for yearly real estate tax deductions *
* With optional Green Package.
Plans and specifications are subject to revision deemed advisable by builder, architect, or required by law.
For more information please contact
Future Green Chatham project.
© 2007 Martin Purnell and Associates LLC
Site maintained by Partnering Solutions